smartphones vs cameras

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sfrigola2
sfrigola2 Regular Member • Posts: 105
smartphones vs cameras

I have a Redmi note 8 pro, and Xiaomi has just released the MI 11 ultra, it's a "MONSTER", I don't understand why Xiaomi's people don't make a camera at once, like bridges, for example. Considering the quality, resolution, control of the dynamic range given by their phones like the note 8 pro and probably even more so the mi 11 ultra, if it were also something that can be taken well with your hands and handle it with buttons and dials of good touch, and with a viewfinder, it would be "the king of the cameras", because they surpass by far the majority of cameras of small sensor. I can't understand that I'm the only one who finds an abyss between mobile phones and the quality they give with untreated sensors and almost no space for anything, and the huge size of the cameras to often give the same or less quality and resolution and low dynamic range, and easily noisy image, especially with small sensor, I have now tested an FZ300 with a very nice Leica optics, but very poor results, in all the parameters I mentioned !. I resist thinking that there isn’t a market of people who would buy the equivalent of a “mi 11 ultra,” as the only camera, if it had a viewfinder and didn’t necessarily have to be maneuvered with the touch screen. The other day going there, (Esterri de Cardós etc), with my wife, she who has a redmi note 8 pro like mine who takes very good photos, and also likes to take them, complained that with the bright sun of a magnificent day, it was impossible to know whether you were framing well, for example a church, or not cutting the bell-tower, or the cross above; as she said: it is impossible to see.

sfrigola2's gear list:sfrigola2's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 A3000
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow