Printing whole portfolio

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hhhhhhhh Regular Member • Posts: 200
Printing whole portfolio

I'm printing my photos for a couple of years with my Epson SC P800 on archival grade papers. I learned how to calibrate and optimized everything to get the best possible results, and I'm satisfied with my prints. I printed 15-20 of my best photos that I can frame and proudly show, and to get to the final ones, I printed several versions on a smaller scale as a tests.

Now I want to print more, and I selected around 300 photos that I'd like to have printed. I organized them by print size and if I want them to be printed on matte or glossy paper.

However, I have at least ten different papers, so it's not so easy to decide which matte and which glossy for a certain photo. Each photo has different characteristics, needs modifying, etc. I'm stuck because I don't know where to start. It's so much work ahead, and I know I'll waste a lot of paper and ink while testing each image.

Any suggestion, not how to automate the process, because I don't think there's automation for this, but how would you approach if you have 300 images that you want to be printed perfectly?

The paper I have in stock right now in sizes from 8.5x11 up to 17x22.

- Epson Hot Press Natural
- Epson Hot Press Bright
- Epson Legacy Platine
- Hahnemuhle Photo Rag
- Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta
- Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Satin
- Inkpress Pro Silky
- Inkpress Pro Glossy
- Inkpress Metallic Satin
- Inkpress Metallic Glossy

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow