Cannon R5 video

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
pmh New Member • Posts: 2
Cannon R5 video

When programing for back button focus if "metering and AF start" are selected for one of the buttons there are additional, essential details that can be set by hitting the Info Button. These settings are not often mentioned in various tutorials available on YouTube etc. I'm trying to set up my R5 for BIM (birds in motion) video and I am wondering how to set up my buttons for Video mode similarly to give me the ability to select a target and lock in on it while keeping the viewfinder on a fast moving bird. When in video, The options are different and there are no parameters available from the info button as in still mode. The Joystick behaves differently when enabled and when pressed, seems to lock onto a target sometimes, but I haven't figured out exactly what it is doing. Would Anyone like to share how/if they use their button settings for BIM video? Some have suggested to use the touch screen to pick a target, which seems unworkable when trying to keep ones eye on a moving bird through the viewfinder. Thank you.

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
pmh
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow