Best of 2 months in my one year challenge

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sufstreet
Sufstreet Regular Member • Posts: 315
Best of 2 months in my one year challenge

I started my one camera one lens one year challenge 2 months ago

I picked the Digital Fujifilm XE1 (first generation 2012) and a K&F adapter to be able to use a manual 1979 Konica hexanon 40mmF1.8. The price in total was 140usd.

You might ask yourself why?

• I wanted to see what a cheap setup could deliver
  • I wanted a project for a photobook
  • I wanted to get inspired to print more
  • I want to inspire others to get out there on a low budget

So far it's been a pleasant and fun experience. I've shot more and printed more.

40mm on Fujifilm APS-C is ca 60mmFF so it's a challenge aswell to try to get as many different styles and compositions as possible while maintaining a red line.

I own the new Fujifilm XS10 and the XT2 aswell but there is a certain feeling to the first generation of Fujifilm APS-C cameras. In print the look more like film and the colours etc are more "less" digital. It's the closest I've come to my old analogue days.

Over 50 photographs on @xftales on Instagram

Or follow the journey/ process here www.stayuntilforever.com

Here's my top ten from the past 8 weeks

1. Father watching his son practise for the olympics, while another father and son standing watching from the top of the skateboard bowl. Shot during sunset

2. Took an evening stroll by the lake.

3. Portrait of a rocker, shot indoors with window lighting

4. The place I learned to swim, surf & appreciate sunsets. I also got married here.

5. I waited a long time on this shot. I would never had thought of this shot with an auto focus lens. Hard to get the right moment with a manual lens and no continuous shooting.

6. Melted snow on a table outside a barn.

7. Candid shot of my lovely wife.

8. Another shot of my wife. Don't see too many people these days.

9. Shot through a tram window on a snowy day.

10. Sunset surf in Sweden

THE CAMERA SETUP

-- hide signature --

Everywhere is home
@sufstreet
@xftales

Sufstreet's gear list:Sufstreet's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow