Does anyone find editing on a Retina display make it harder to judge edits? Specifically sharpness.

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
thevisi0nary
thevisi0nary Regular Member • Posts: 140
Does anyone find editing on a Retina display make it harder to judge edits? Specifically sharpness.

So I’m going to be buying a laptop soon and am considering a MacBook for the first time.

I’ve been editing the last year on an iPad Pro and really like it overall for on the go editing. However, the one thing I am having trouble with is judging sharpness and how sharp it ends up looking on other devices. Possibly because of the high pixel density.

Up until using the iPad, I used a QHD monitor with my pc and didn’t have this problem.

The new MacBooks are very appealing to me and I’m interested in at least trying them, but I’m concerned that the very high pixel density of the retina screens may give me the continued issue of judging sharpness or contrast. Granted, I know Lightroom on the iPad is more limited as far as flexibility with functionality and also display calibration. But figured overall the high ppi thing might still hold true, or I could just be overthinking.

Would appreciate any input on this.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow