Travel tripod recommendations for landscapes / long exposures

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
The Lamentable Lens Contributing Member • Posts: 605
Travel tripod recommendations for landscapes / long exposures

I’m looking for recommendations on a new travel tripod. I shoot primarily landscapes, including long exposures, so I’m trying to strike the best balance between size and weight on the one hand, and stability on the other.  I’m also quite tall, so I need to avoid the shortest tripods of the lot (I’d prefer something comfortably over 60 inches in total height). My budget is $400-$600 (including ball head).

I looked at the Gitzo Traveler, of course, but I’m disappointed to see it doesn’t have a ballast hook at the bottom of the center column; that’s a surprising omission. Still, that’s a real contender at the moment.

I also looked at the Benro Rhino, but there aren’t that many reviews available. What I did find looked positive, though.

Lastly, I saw some very positive reviews of the Feisol CT-3441S, although I’d not really heard of Feisol before this tripod search.

Any feedback on those three tripods would be greatly appreciated, and of course please feel free to share any other recommendations, as my search is still wide open.

Thanks in advance for your help!

The Lamentable Lens's gear list:The Lamentable Lens's gear list
Ricoh GR III Fujifilm X100V Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow