Z6ii or Z7ii for my needs?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
kbrkr
kbrkr Senior Member • Posts: 1,449
Re: If I were you, I would go for it

There are MANY assumptions out there the Z7 II is not taking full advantage of the dual exceed processors in it's AF implementation.   Many Z7 II owners are banking on Nikon releasing another Firmware to improve AF performance or add new AF modes like Group AF.

The Z7 II is an amazing camera from the samples I have seen on the Facebook Nikon Z group.   Many are in Love with the camera.   For wildlife and Bird photography having the ability to CROP is a HUGE benefit if you do not have the longest lenses.  You can always downsample your photos or shoot in Crop mode on the Z7 II.  You will NOT be able to increase pixels on the Z6 II.

Just go for it and don't worry about the next big thing like the Z8 or the Z9.  They will probably cost a heck of a lot more than the Z7II which you can get in your hands right now and start shooting.

kbrkr's gear list:kbrkr's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
csn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow