I was reading the reviews of the LA-EA5 on Sony.com...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 52,736
Re: How many A-mount users are waiting for new bodies with full support for LA-EA5?

Prognathous wrote:

I know I am. I don't care for the two bodies that are currently supported, the main issue is that they're just too expensive. The A6600 is a few hundred dollars above what I'm willing to pay, but it has some some annoying downgrades compared to my A77 MkII, mainly the lack of sweep panorama and a built-in flash. Having owned an A6000 I know can live with downgraded ergonomics, battery life and more limited LCD screen. I wouldn't want to give up the sweep panorama feature, which I find to be very useful when travelling. The tilting built-in flash is also a surprisingly useful feature, despite its low GN (higher ISO to the rescue).

In short, my money is waiting for an A6400-tier body with IBIS and full LA-EA5 compatibility , screw-drive AF and all. Until then, my A77 MkII will have to do. And if Sony releases more bodies and ignores the LA-EA5, like they did with the A7C, then I guess it's a sign to start considering a switch to another system.

Anyone else waiting for Sony's next move here?

The sweep panorama feature of the A77ii, which I owned for 4 years, sucks because of stitching problems. I gave up trying. My A99ii suits me fine (sweep sucks with this too) and has for over 4 years but if it breaks I will buy an A7riv with the adapter. Sony hasn't had a camera that does good panos since the A77/A65.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow