Fuji 23mm f1.4 is brick heavy!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GreenBeer Junior Member • Posts: 30
Fuji 23mm f1.4 is brick heavy!

Just got my 23mm f1.4 in the mail today. I'm pretty much in love with my 35mm f1.4 - but dislike how far I have to stand away from my subject. Can get awkward indoors, in in a bar, store, nightclub setting.

The 23mm was my solution (after asking the board). I've only taken a few shots, so far so good.

The only drawback is how amazingly HEAVY this lens is... It feels like lugging a barbell around. The first lens I've owned that I would sort of dread carrying around the city with me all day. I assume it has to do with the amount of glass inside?

For some reason I assumed the 35mm would be the heaviest thing I carry . The 16mm 1.4 is relatively huge, but very light in comparison.

I know some will jump on and mention zoom lenses - but, I usually just do street photography - so have never owned a zoom.

Anyway, nice lens for $900 - but wonder if I'll actually carry it on long trips or revert back to the 35mm.. Tomorrow will bring it around and see how the optics are.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow