Selling most of my Canon Lenses and Gear; Makes me a Little Sad

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ChelseaPhotographer
ChelseaPhotographer Contributing Member • Posts: 907
Selling most of my Canon Lenses and Gear; Makes me a Little Sad

Most of my life I was a Canon gal. I started with the 10D which quickly became the 5D, then the 1Ds Mark III, and then the 5D Mark II and finally the 5DS. I was eagerly awaiting the 5DSR Mark II or the 5D Mark V. Those cameras would have been amazing. Alas, they are not to be. I love DSLRs, they are snappy and OVFs turned out to be a real thing of beauty: as much dynamic range as your eye can see, more resolution than the most advanced display and they are always on even when your camera is off; no electricity needed to power them on. I endure EVFs, so the R5 was never going to be a camera for me, so basically this is the end of an era for me. I will keep my 5DS with my archaic 65mm MP-E so that I can keep on making quirky, nerdy photos like the one below, and I will look to whomever keeps on making DSLRs for the future... it makes no sense for me to say "good bye and good riddance" since it is I the one who is being snubbed, so instead I will just say "good bye, it was a lot of fun and I will miss you"...

ChelseaPhotographer's gear list:ChelseaPhotographer's gear list
SeaLife DC2000 Ricoh GR III Pentax 645Z Canon EOS 5DS Nikon D850 +1 more
Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow