Replacing G85+14-140 with FZ330 (again!)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
saudidave Senior Member • Posts: 2,391
Replacing G85+14-140 with FZ330 (again!)

My apologies if I've posted the shots here before, but I'm very impressed by them and they are one of the reasons for a decision I've been agonising over for a long, long time.

A couple of years ago I concluded that the images from my TZ200 were so close in IQ to those from my G85+14/140 f3.5 lens that I decided to sell the latter combination and just have the TZ200 which covered my requirements admirably. I sold the G85 body but didn't get a decent price for the lens so I kept it. Not long after, a matter of weeks, I bought an FZ330 off ebay on a whim at a bargain price & was very impressed with it, but due to work commitments I had no time to use it so I sold it. A while later, again on a whim, I bought another G85 body off ebay, at a bargain price. Back to the G85/14/140 combo, which again sat on a shelf with very little use.

Fast forward a year. After a recent life challenging surgery that I survived against all odds, I've now semi retired, only working a couple of days a week and have the time once more to pursue photography. The TZ200 is still my camera of choice for walkaround as it is so convenient but I need something with longer reach for wildlife. I tried an as new TZ70 (ZS50) but found the IQ not quite up to it and the camera a little too light to be stable at 500mm FL + equivalent. I've obviously always liked the FZ330 & these images are so outstanding to me that there is only one choice worth considering, particularly when considering cost too:

Wide angle

Full Zoom

I can pick up a new FZ330 for around £350.00 and I can't think of anything else that can improve on these for anything relatively close to that price point.

Prevarication concluded!

Dave

saudidave's gear list:saudidave's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic ZS200 Panasonic G85 Panasonic 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 II Apple iPhone 12 Pro +1 more
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Panasonic ZS200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow