First _real_ outing with the M6II

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
Larry Rexley Regular Member • Posts: 314
Re: First _real_ outing with the M6II

Lovely images! I'd say you're doing that camera and its lenses justice.

I've been to some of those places. You've done a great job capturing the 'magic' feeling of them.

As for the 'blown out' highlights --- I've only experienced that if the exposure compensation get accidentally bumped up to +1 to +3... you should obviously not be seeing that.

Do the highlights look blown out when viewed on the camera, or is it just in your software when post-processing?

Check your current 'Picture Style' and make sure that the 'default' brightness, contrast, and saturation your camera are using are in the middle settings... if they are cranked up then you might see skies that are too bright. You might try the 'faithful' picture style as a good starting point.

if you haven't tried it, you might consider downloading Canon's own DPP 4.0 software that comes with the cameras, and opening your files using that. Their software was optimized for their cameras (for RAW files especially) and has great functionality for lens corrections, sharpening, and many other things. It allows you to do surprisingly a lot with an image, although it can be quite slow at times.

Larry Rexley's gear list:Larry Rexley's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow