Z or Canon R5 system

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jeff_nesh Forum Member • Posts: 57
Z or Canon R5 system

Hi All,

Looking to start a system from scratch. No current lenses from Nikon or Canon.

From about '98 to 2012, I was a Nikon shooter, including film, D200, D700, and D800. Since I've been mostly Fuji, some street and landscape shooting. Used a GFX50S for a while, and thought about the 100S, but impractical for more than landscapes. I've decided *against* the GFX line...solidly.

I don't do video at all, about 70% landscape (maybe more), flowers, and a bit of macro; some wildlife (birds, etc. and want to do more), some tamelife (dogs!) Keeping my X-Pro3 for street.

I print large (30"+), like some UX flexibility, and like sharp lenses. Lean toward B&W...I'm colorblind and like to 'trust' the camera/Lightroom when shooting color. I've never shot Canon, don't even recall touching one.

Without a current legacy and no need for backward compatibility, I'm having a hard time landing on R5 or Z7II. I like the IQ I'm seeing in Z landscapes. Nikon is slightly more familiar. I like the lens options on the R5, especially the control ring concept. Starting with trinity zooms some 2.8, some 4 for shortish day hikes in the Rockies.

I know it's a Nikon forum (and cross posted to Canon) but what can you tell me? Thanks for any suggestions, lessons learned, or sales pitches!

Thanks!

Jeff (types of shooting at website below)

-- hide signature --
 jeff_nesh's gear list:jeff_nesh's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro3 Canon EOS R5 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +4 more
Canon EOS R5 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow