I'm Enjoying Versatility of 150-400

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve Rushing
Steve Rushing Contributing Member • Posts: 789
I'm Enjoying Versatility of 150-400

Our yard is in a transition. Year-round residents are breeding and feeding early broods, late departing winter residents are hanging around, and summer residents and through migrants are arriving. Bug life is ramping up too (and in the SE US we have our bugs). To all share, they have evolved very specific niche microhabitats. They can be anywhere. Being mobile and being able to handhold is great for my preferred birding and nature photography. I'm also starting to remember that I'm shooting a zoom and can change framing. Shooting straight overhead at 500mm then switching to close focus at shrub level at <200mm is 'breaking free' for me, to quote a marketing quip.

Still working on technique and settings, but really enjoying the 'getting-to-know-you' experience so far. I'm all vaccinated & the conservation groups I most often travel with are opening up trips with continuing masking & social distancing so I will move my practicing further afield (and water).

Barred Owl

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail

Barred Owl Pair

Tree Swallows

Red-tailed Hawk

White Cabbage

Brown Thrasher

Nessus Sphinx

Steve Rushing's gear list:Steve Rushing's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus E-M1 III Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow