Really no face detection possible w/ Fujifilm remote app? :(

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rightsaidfred
Rightsaidfred Contributing Member • Posts: 950
Really no face detection possible w/ Fujifilm remote app? :(

Hi there

Yesterday I visited a beautiful nature reserve, fully equipped and all on my own, and I thought, yeah, well, such a nice place, let's do a selfie with my X-T20. However, I noticed that face detection did not work with the remote app.

Q: Did I overlook something? Does someone have a better experience? Is the app's AF functionality camera model related?

This is how I did it: I first switched face detection on at the camera and then connected the camera with my cell phone (because once the camera is connected, you cannot change the camera settings any more). But I only got the AF box on my cell phone screen, I could move the box within the frame, but no more. Today, out of curiosity, I switched the camera to wide/tracking but same - the app did not take this setting over. I did not find any AF setting options in the app. Honestly, this is a bit of a disappointing experience.

I know the Fujifilm remote app gets a lot of criticism; however, connecting to my phone and taking images is not a problem in my case (at least not with the current app version).

There is one entry in the Fuji-X forum from 2018, Face detection & Camera remote (Non functional).

I am on Android and have v 4.6.1 from October 29, 2020.

Kind regards,

Martin

Rightsaidfred's gear list:Rightsaidfred's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Venus Laowa 15mm F4 Macro +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow