Which Lens should I use?

Started 6 months ago | Polls thread
1Dx4me
1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 12,023
Re: Which Lens should I use?

Red Barchetta wrote:

One thing is for sure ... most people find themselves wanting to upgrade to better lenses after they buy a mediocre one so I suggest that if you're going to spend hundreds or over a 1k for a lens to spend a few hundred more and get something that will perform well and keep you satisfied for longer.

I have a Tamron SP 150-600 mm f/5-6.3 DI VC USD and it takes some good pictures but it could be better. If I had it to do again I would've spent more on the G2 model. Also, you do not have to use a tripod or monopod with a 600mm lens, I do it handheld all the time, 98% of the time. Many others do as well. You just have to be good at holding it steady. Research your choices well and get one that suits your needs.

i had reached that conclusion many years ago, so i never settled for 3rd party jellybean lenses. i either got a nice canon "L" lens or saved money till i could afford it. when you settle for a cheap lens, then you want more, so you save money till you can afford that expensive lens, so why do it twice? why not do it once? the moral of the story is: buy a nice and decent lens in the beginning because other wise it'll cost a lot more if you settle for cheap and then move to nicer lens

-- hide signature --

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow