Crazy question....

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CameraMews New Member • Posts: 17
Crazy question....

OK I totally understand how this is going to sound, but I'm struggling a bit here...

I have a Sony A7R III and a Sony 200-600mm lens, which are an amazing combo....

However....

I am actually finding that i'm leaving it at home, taking my Nikon P1000 instead - what??! why?!? I hear you ask.... Weight...

As a more... umm seasoned photographer... I am finding the combo of the Sony just too heavy to carry...

So I'm looking at my options regarding what I can do - the Nikon P1000, is amazing in terms of range, but the quality is obviously far inferior given the sensor size (and of course it's not worth trying to make any kind of comparison between the two).

I need something as lightweight as possible, I am thinking about the Olympus em1 mark iii or x with a M.ZUIKO ED 300MM, which should get me to 600mm (which is the minimum I need really), and with the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 1.4X TELECONVERTER MC-14 I can get to 840mm.

I realize there is going to be a big drop in IQ, but I have to weigh up the ability to carry the camera/lens, with really excellent stabilization.  Plus I am not sure if anyone else has had issues with their Sony A7r III, but I havent found the weather sealing to be that great?

So any thoughts on the above - am I nuts thinking about changing?  Any help gratefully received.

Nikon Coolpix P1000 Olympus E-M1 Sony a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow