Canon Pro 200 - Poor print quality!!

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ChloeSteadman New Member • Posts: 1
Canon Pro 200 - Poor print quality!!

Hi all - I'm hoping to receive some help and advice, if possible!

I'm a graphic designer and have recently gotten in to designing my own posters/prints etc. and really wanted to start selling them due to a lot of interest. I was recommended the Canon Pixma Pro 200 printer as it prints A4 and A3 as well as doing borderless - brilliant! I have now set up the printer and followed the manual and other instructions to a T. I then started to print some custom prints made for clients and I am shocked at the quality of the print!!

The black lines within my artwork are so jaggered (almost like a pixelated look) and not smooth at all, compared to the onscreen vector shapes I use within Adobe Illustrator. I have tried printing on both unbranded (but seemingly good quality) matte paper and Canon photo paper and there is no difference. I've also tried printing straight from Adobe Illustrator and Preview PDF (I have a Mac) but that also has made little difference.

I'm desperate for some advice on what to do and how to solve this - please help!!!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow