Large screen Android - or other ideas

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TonyGamble Veteran Member • Posts: 3,587
Large screen Android - or other ideas

My wife needs the simplest device there is to read/write emails and do the odd google.

Years ago I moved her off her Sony laptop that was Windows based and (a) seemed to take ages to boot up and (b) then deluged her with questions about upgrading Windows. java and the lot. I installed an SSD and Linux and both problems were reduced.

Until the Sony died of old age.

She now uses a Samsung 12" Android that I must have bought in about 2015. With a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. At least it is big enough to see without problems. It turns on with a switch!!! But it also is getting tired as web sites get bigger.

Replacing it with a 12" Android tablet is silly money. Well £700 sounds a lot when I bought a 10" for under £200.

But am I going down the wrong road? I can buy a 15" monitor for under £200. Should I be looking at driving it with an Android phone? She does not 'need' touch screen as long as a keyboard and mouse works easily. But I will get 'flack' if I get her something that takes a minute to 'boot' when all she wants to do is check her message.

All ideas welcome.

Tony

London UK

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow