Voigtländer 58 F1,4 nokton overexposure.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
JacquesBalthazar
JacquesBalthazar Contributing Member • Posts: 787
Re: Voigtländer 58 F1,4 nokton overexposure.

what generation 58 do you have? I do not have any overexposure problem at any aperture with my current gen model....

solamnus wrote:

Michael Benveniste wrote:

solamnus wrote:

how are your experiences with it and how do you adjust and live with that knowledge still using it?

Here's a "view from my front door" test I just did against my 60mm f/2.8D with both lenses wide open:

60mm f/2.8D

58mm f/1.4 Nokton

I don't see anywhere near 2/3rds of a stop difference between those shots. This was facing south on a mostly cloudy day. I refused to pay $60 for the "correct" Nokton lens hood and use a generic instead. For the 60mm f/2.8D I got lazy and relied on the recessed element.

You may feel the 60mm exposure is "correct," or the 58mm is "correct," and I won't argue either way, but in my experience with the Voigtländer I haven't see the type of overexposure others report.

That you for your respons. And very nice to see some pictures as reference too.

I had a test shootout with some manual lenses and the 58mm among them the other day. And my 58 consistently over exposed a little on all pictures. So it was not a big deal to fix in post, and now i know and all compensate in beforehand.

I also saw your other post about the hood. It seems similar to this pretty cheap one and like you im fine as long as it works with that.

JacquesBalthazar's gear list:JacquesBalthazar's gear list
Nikon Df Leica M10 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 1,4/35 ZM Nikon 28mm F1.4E +27 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow