Just purchased the 35mm f2 WR did I make a mistake?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DominikT
DominikT Regular Member • Posts: 258
Just purchased the 35mm f2 WR did I make a mistake?

I’ve tried the Fuji 23 f1.4 for a short period a few years ago and didn’t get on with it. I came to the Fuji system to be able to have a small, everyday kit I can take with me everywhere. To slow down and to frame my shots, to manual focus and to change my settings with real physical dials. To shoot street, portrait, reportage and travel photography. 
I adopted some legacy lenses via a speed-booster and have been very happy using them. But the idea of having a very small lens like the 35 f2 has always interested me.
So I ordered the 35mm f2 WR as my walk around lens. But started to have second thoughts as I mostly use manual focus. And non of the reviews of this lens ever mention what it’s like to manually focus with it. Has anyone tried this lens against the Fuji 35 f1.4 in manual focus and could tell me which they prefer please?

I know I could get one of the cheap Chinese manual focus only lenses. But from what I’ve read, non of them have the IQ of the Fuji lenses and the aperture rings are always de-clicked.

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS R
Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art
EF 35 f2 IS
EF 24-70 f2.8L II
EF 70-200 f4L IS
EF 100 f2.8L Macro
Fuji X-E2
Zuiko OM 50mm f1.4
Zuiko OM 28mm f2

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
rlx
rlx
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow