camera for photojournalist? upgrade from d3400

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rob91 Junior Member • Posts: 32
camera for photojournalist? upgrade from d3400

Hi all,

I have been using nikon d3400 with nikkor 55-200 4-5.6 ed and 50 mm 1:1.8 g

I have worked as a freelance photojournalists and got some of my photos published in several outlets including CNN.

I am looking for a feedback as I am aware this is beginner camera.

I feel like I should have two camera, so I would like to buy one pro, and maybe one more video camera.

The prices for some pro camera are really high and I just wonder how justifiable the expense is given the fact that I was able to sell my photos to media outlets with my beginner camera.

let's be honest, nowadays it's hard to make money onyl with photography, yeah, one need to also write good text and so on. that's why i really wonder if high price tag makes a huge differance. anyway i'd like to have second camera as sometimes a situation can turn dynamic. or rather would you recommend lenses such as 18-300 mm?

Thanks for all feedback

rob91's gear list:rob91's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D3400 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR
Nikon D3400
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow