Suggested camera for this use case....

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AdamoD New Member • Posts: 21
Suggested camera for this use case....

Need some advice from users with experience.

My dad wants to get a new camera. He has seen what I get from the PEN-F and the 14-150mm and a few of my other lenses and he's sold. He currently shoots with a dinosaur Nikon and dinosaur lenses. It's ridiculous...

Anyway, I steered him to the OM-D line because he likes shooting birds and would probably appreciate the larger lenses. He's NOT a pixel-peeper. He's a straight up jpeg shooter. He's clueless to computers. I can't even get the guy to text!!! He's got a good eye and would appreciate the PEN-F image quality. Which OM-D model and version would you suggest to match the PEN-F? Here is what I've narrowed it down to:

1. M5 mk iii
  2. M10 mk iv
  3. M1 mk ii

So basically almost newish versions of the OM-D line. I'd love to get him into the M5, but, will the M10 be a good start and most importantly, can the M10 match the PEN-F benchmark in stabilization, IQ and controls? I'm certain the M5 will as I believe the M5 and PEN-F are brothers, but for those of you who are experience with these cameras and the PEN-F, which is a good match?

Budget? IDK....don't ask him, he's totally out to lunch on budget. I'm thinking between $500 at the low end and $800 at the top end. It's possible to get into all of those cameras in that price range. The question is can he get the lens too (14-150mm to start). I'm more interested in the body right now. I can always let him use my 14-150mm while he "saves" for his own. How does a retired guy save anyway......

Thanks!!

Leica M10 Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow