Photographer Sues Hilary Duff Over “Creep” Claim on Instagram(article)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
IR1234 Senior Member • Posts: 1,812
Re: cops should've picked her up+ fine + lawsuit

Jacques Cornell wrote:

IR1234 wrote:

Jacques Cornell wrote:

The officer seemed sheepish (knowing his task was ridiculous but having, nonetheless, to investigate), he was utterly pleasant and professional, and after I explained what I was doing, he wished me a good day and left me alone.

Then again, I'm white. But, I was traveling with a couple of Japanese photographers, which is probably what prompted the call, as we were in a small farming town in the rural south where there probably wasn't another Asian person for 100 miles.

Knock it off with the race thing.

Why?

Cop wasn't interested because you were doing nothing wrong.

No kidding. I said as much.

And I've no idea which south you mean, but there are plenty of Asians all over the US. This isn't the 1850s.

Read again. I never suggested race had anything to do with the officer's behavior.

You absolutely said race had something to do with it - your own words "he wished me a good day and left me alone. Then again, I'm white.". You assumed the cop didn't make anything of it because you're white and you assumed the cop was racist.

You also assumed that the cops were called because you were with some Asian people and because the person who called was racist. Because of course, farming towns in the rural south are racist apparently. You have literally jumped to the race card on two assumptions.

The only person here thinking that everything is down to race is you - and you eloquently describe what you think are other people's prejudices.

IR1234's gear list:IR1234's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 550D +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow