wireless transfer of RAWs to phone (M6)

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
Greg Edwards Regular Member • Posts: 304
Re: wireless transfer of RAWs to phone (M6)

Dors wrote:

Greg Edwards wrote:

Dors wrote:

Greg Edwards wrote:

If you don't mind going via the cloud, there's canon's new(ish) image.canon service. This lets you upload images (jpeg and raw) to their servers which you can then view via the image.canon app, or it can push it out to other services, such as google photos/drive, lightroom or flickr. Only downside is it's quite slow uploading, but this is more a limitation the wifi chip in the camera than the service - so it'll be slow no matter what software solution you use.

I was not aware of this too. Interesting, the camera directly connects to Canon servers and save its files! But I expect it is not free

You’ll be pleased to hear the service is free as long as you’re happy with the files to only live in canon’s servers for 30 days.

Yes, nice!

If you’re just using it to transfer between devices it’s not an issue at all. You only need to pay for permanent storage.

check it out at https://image.canon

I installed the image.canon app and registered. Turned on portable hotspot of phone as an access point.

But the camera couldn't connect to it:

My hotspot was expected to be enlisted here, but it is not so I went into manual option and entered SSID's name manually but M6 didn't see it.

What is the problem?

Sorry, but I can't help you with this. Not only have I not tried connecting to my phones hotspot, but I don't use android either. I've only used proper wifi to upload images to image.canon.

Greg Edwards's gear list:Greg Edwards's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM HP Photosmart B110 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow