Photographer Sues Hilary Duff Over “Creep” Claim on Instagram(article)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Jacques Cornell
Jacques Cornell Forum Pro • Posts: 13,584
Re: cops should've picked her up+ fine + lawsuit

IR1234 wrote:

Jacques Cornell wrote:

The officer seemed sheepish (knowing his task was ridiculous but having, nonetheless, to investigate), he was utterly pleasant and professional, and after I explained what I was doing, he wished me a good day and left me alone.

Then again, I'm white. But, I was traveling with a couple of Japanese photographers, which is probably what prompted the call, as we were in a small farming town in the rural south where there probably wasn't another Asian person for 100 miles.

Knock it off with the race thing.

Why?

Cop wasn't interested because you were doing nothing wrong.

No kidding. I said as much.

And I've no idea which south you mean, but there are plenty of Asians all over the US. This isn't the 1850s.

Read again. I never suggested race had anything to do with the officer's behavior. He was perfectly professional. I do find it interesting, though, that he was called by some paranoiac when two Japanese photographers were photographing the scenery on a public sidewalk. Whether the caller was prompted by my colleagues' race or simply by the use of a camera in public, we can only speculate. When photographing in public alone, I have never had the police called to investigate me, though I have been confronted by vigilantes who tried to stop me and threatened to call the police.

As for the South, I wasn't singling out the region. It's just a fact that that's where we were. could have just as easily been the Midwest. Point is, it was a small farming town with a downtown area just a few blocks long, and I saw not a single non-white person around. We traveled extensively in the area over a period of a week and encountered exactly zero other asians.

Also, note that hate crimes against asians in the US have increased by over 100% in the past year, with even octogenarians being violently assaulted. So, knock it off with the "knock it off with the race thing". If you think there isn't an issue, you have your head in the sand.

-- hide signature --

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
http://jacquescornell.photography
http://happening.photos

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100 Sony a7R II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 +49 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow