Which Lens should I use?

Started 6 months ago | Polls thread
PentUp Senior Member • Posts: 2,565
Re: Which Lens should I use?

Yellowthroatphoto wrote:

Hi all, Thank you for all of the advice! I don't know I this is the same thing I was asking in the first place but do you think it is worth the extra $300 for the Tamron? I am considering it for the economics and and bigger tripod collar.

You didn't say what type of wildlife you are into / expecting to be photographing. As this forum is dominated by birders I will assume that is what you are getting into as well.

However as I pointed out in my earlier response, for me the flexibility of my Sigma 50-500 is essential (60-600 is the current version). I can be photographing small birds on a branch in one moment only to have to quickly switch to an elephant or giraffe walking past within 10 meters in the next moment.

But if you are set on the choice between the Sigma and Tamron 150-600s, from personal experience I like all my Sigma lenses, especially their HSM system. I haven't used Tamron lenses, but I doubt there will be much difference in quality between the modern Sigma and Tamron choices.

PentUp's gear list:PentUp's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Pentax K-x Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-50 Pentax K-3 Mark III +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow