Sigma Quattro in 2021 ?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Ceistinne Senior Member • Posts: 2,728
Re: Sigma Quattro in 2021 ?

Charles-Apollon wrote:

Hello everyone,

Since the Foveon sensor technology appeared I have always been interested by it and the result you can get from it.

Is it still a good idea to buy a Sigma SD quattro in 2021 ? Is it better to buy the SD quattro or another SIGMA foveon camera (DP 1, 2, 3 ,...) ?

I'm not into post processing so much except some basics improvements like light or contrast.... So I would like to have a quick way to get Jpeg.

I also like to have good "simulation" or "color tone" provided by the camera

I have a FUJI XE-1 and I like the films rendering fujifilm offers.

I'm not a pixel aficionado, I'm mainly looking for a film camera like rendering and the non digital effect provided by Foveon technology.

My idea is to use to sigma like a film camera ; take a few well composed shots of portrait or landscape.

Thanks for your opinions )

Guillaume

Guillaume,

This what I wrote in a similar post a couple of days ago and should add that Jpegs from the sd Quattros are as good as what you could get from any camera.

It is. The sd Q is a very fine camera capable of first class colour and mono. Colour good up to 400 ISO, no problem. Mono up to 3200 ISO.

The 17-70 f2.8-4 C is excellent on it or any of the Contemporary or Art or Sport lenses. Even the 1o-20 f3.5 works perfectly on it.

People that haven't used it will tell you that it is not as good as some other models like the Merrills or even the older ones, but they are personal opinions and even worse if they are not sd Quattro users.

Use the latest SPP Ver. 6.7.4 for PC or 6.7.5 for Mac and your good to go. Everything that was in the older SPP versions is included in the latest one.

That's my 2 Cents and I use all versions of the Sigma cameras from the SD9 to the sd Quattros.

S

Ceistinne's gear list:Ceistinne's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sigma SD9 Sigma SD10 Sigma SD14 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow