Family Disney trip, 2020 edition

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Highgrovemanor Junior Member • Posts: 27
Family Disney trip, 2020 edition

After searching multiple forums and reading so many 2011-2013 threads chatting up the 20/1.7 as the ultimate, thought I would start up a more current thread to discuss. 

Priorities:  enjoy trip with twin 5 year old boys.  Maybe 1 or 2 more Disney trips in their future, so more trips to round out photo ops in mask-free future to follow.

My current gear is pretty good, as lets say up until 6 years ago I could easily roll a new lens purchase into the travel budget.  Not any more, as last year's G9 splurge must be it for awhile.

Show stopper:  I was thinking selfie stick with phones for uber-light, but Disney says no-selfies.

Current thoughts:  Do the photo-package (all you can eat), so my shots are bonus-round but not needed.  Old threads were quite valuable, and have me thinking 9-18mm Oly during the day and 50/1.7 for dark.  I do have the 20mm, but its slow focus speed is a non-starter IMO.  I would like to shoot some video, along with some pictures. Other lenses include 7.5 FE, 12-35/35-100 2.8s, 45/1.8.  Think single body, 2 lenses max.

Question 1:  take the weight penalty of G9, right?  Other options are G7, or GX1?  G7 youtube videos seem its okay for 4k, but its focus drove me to G9.  I like the GX-1 form factor (have EVF), but its quite dated and worst video of the bunch.

Question 2: Anyone gotten Gorilla tripods in w/o grief?

Question 3: Am I thinking of this right?

Many thanks

Steve

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow