will many of you buy the new Klll considering the competition?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Kevin Stephens Regular Member • Posts: 165
Re: will many of you buy the new Klll considering the competition?

For me the competion would be a KP (while stocks last) or keeping my K-S2

I've decided on the latter for now!

The K-S2 has a good sensor, the newer options offer much better metering and autofocus. However many of my best pictures were taken on my film all manual and mechanical Pentax MX.  If I don't need high ISO, get the focus and exposure right on my K-S2 then it should produce images as good or nearly as good as a K3 III. Back in the day professional sports photographers managed perfectly sharp photos with manual focus and no option for sharpening

I'm pleaseed wth my collection of Limited lenses which definately have a massive impact on image quality

The biggest improvement I can make is with more time and commitment. Of course a K3 III would be lovely to have, but I'm under no illusion that it would make a massive difference to the quality of my photography, certainly compared to time and commitment. In time I may treat myself to a new body but it's not a priority for now. However I will be treating myself to a new tripod and time for some dedicated photography trips.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow