wireless transfer of RAWs to phone (M6)

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
Greg Edwards Regular Member • Posts: 304
Re: wireless transfer of RAWs to phone (M6)

I can't find anything specific to android that let you do that directly from camera to phone. I was hoping cascable might be available which supports raw transfer but it appears it's iPhone only.

If you don't mind going via the cloud, there's canon's new(ish) image.canon service. This lets you upload images (jpeg and raw) to their servers which you can then view via the image.canon app, or it can push it out to other services, such as google photos/drive, lightroom or flickr. Only downside is it's quite slow uploading, but this is more a limitation the wifi chip in the camera than the service - so it'll be slow no matter what software solution you use.

I personally find the lightroom feature quite useful. This way the raw images are stored in the cloud and don't take up any space on my phone/tablet which only pull a smart preview.

The simplest and fastest option of course would be a sd card reader that plugs into your phone.

Greg Edwards's gear list:Greg Edwards's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM HP Photosmart B110 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow