**FZ330 REVIEW Part 2 by Stevie Boy Blue**

Started 4 months ago | User reviews thread
GeraldW Veteran Member • Posts: 8,805
Re: **FZ330 REVIEW Part 2 by Stevie Boy Blue**

My new toy has arrived, and it looks to be a very nice one.  For starters, I set it up using the same parameters as you posted.

The FZ200 settings are just like the FZ150, -2, 0, +2, and I used NR -2, Sh +1 for that camera.  At least for the three later ones.  The first two showed excess noise with that setting.  In retrospect, I find it hard to believe I actually had 5 of those.  I still have one that was made in Japan and works well with the NR -2, Sh +1 settings.

You're quite right, the FZ200 settings don't translate precisely to the FZ300; but it does give a good starting point for further fine tuning.  Since this is my second FZ300, it was quite easy to get the camera fine tuned.

I was surprised, however, that it didn't come with an external charger; but instead, a wall wart with fixed prongs, a USB cable, and a cradle for the battery.  It works, and can also charge in the camera; but it's just a lot of extra stuff to store away, and it's slower than the original A79 charger; the US version of which has folding prongs.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Canon G7 X II Canon EOS M5 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow