In search of square filter storage case

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
TheBlackGrouse Veteran Member • Posts: 3,586
Re: In search of square filter storage case

NotASpeckOfCereal wrote:

TheBlackGrouse wrote:
[...]

If you close it the top metal ring hits the glass/resin filter, or am I missing something?

I didn't think of that. I keep cleaning cloths in those front-cover slots because they're too small for my 82mm CP filter. I put that 82mm filter in a normal square filter pocket.

The specs say that those pockets fit up to 72mm filters, so they wouldn't be good for my 77mm CP filter either.

But as I said in my earlier post, I only keep the one 82mm CP filter in this container (not the other round CP filters), because the 82mm is the only one I will use with the square filter holder.

I guess that would depend on what holder you have/get. I got the NiSi filter that has 82mm threads native (without step up rings) because that's the largest lens filter size I'm using these on. If you have a holder with smaller native thread size, that could change things.

But 72mm (the size of those LowePro front cover pockets) is kind of small for a holder's native size.

Chris

EDIT: those pockets are 100 x 150mm sized. So if you keep a square filter (100 x 100) in that front pocket, it will sink down further into the pocket than what is pictured.

No bag is perfect 

Strangely enough they all have their flaws. But this one is much better than the Street & Field version from Lowepro.

-- hide signature --

TheBlackGrouse
Active Outdoor Photographer

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow