Panasonic S1 Firmware 2.0 continuous recording time

Started Apr 7, 2021 | Discussions thread
SeanR1987 Regular Member • Posts: 107
Re: Panasonic S1 Firmware 2.0 continuous recording time

GaudierGash wrote:

Hi!

I've been reading up a lot about this new update, and one thing that concerns me is the maximum continuous recording time. Does it mean for example that you can ONLY have a maximum amount of 15 minutes 6K footage per memory card, or that you'll have to stop and start recording again after 15 minutes?
Sorry if it's a stupid question, the whole ordeal of an expensive firmware update from the get-go has me worried Lumix is all about the cash.
Regards,
Gaudier

You would just start the recording again after 15 minutes. It keeps thermals in check when recording so you keep the image looking the best without having the thermal impact on noise. Hotter cameras can create noise in the image as the sensor and components heat up.
The update also give ProRes RAW over HDMI, anamorphic modes, and V-Log for cases where you want the expanded capabilities. Plus RAW over HDMI doesn't have time limits for recording. If you need the unlimited recording the S1H has the active cooling and larger chassis design for more heavy video usage.

SeanR1987's gear list:SeanR1987's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow