A7iii firmware downgrade

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
DMalcolm Contributing Member • Posts: 615
Re: A7iii firmware downgrade

Tony2021 wrote:

LenRivers wrote:

Tony2021 wrote:

LenRivers wrote:

Other then the A7iii body what lenses do you own? Are you using any external lighting or flash? If so, what do you use ?

are you getting an income from your photography?

I have a broad selection of lenses. I use external lighting but not flash. I shoot video professionally and stills recreationally.
I’m wondering how these questions relate to my post?

i would figure with the many thousands in gear and getting paid for what you do why bother with 3rd party batteries that cause the issue / concern you mentioned

It’s the cost of doing business and call it having reliable seamless workflow. . I use the battery grip so I need 2 batteries at one time. I have 6 oem batteries. I have a method in which I rotate battery use.
an idea is Increase your fee by X to pay for the batteries or sell something you are not for income

Thanks Len. Yes I am aware that replacing the batteries with the Sony versions would solve the problem. This is not my primary camera and the cost of replacement is significant. I gained no benefit from the upgrade and if I could return the camera to its pre-upgrade condition then I would happily do so.

How about a dummy battery out to an external power source? That way, minimise battery changes and (maybe) only see the warning message once. Spotted the below on Amazon. I know Sony make their own charger and dummy battery too, but at around £300

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alvins-Cables-NP-FZ100-Battery-Digital/dp/B07VPZW76G/ref=asc_df_B07VPZW76G/?tag=bingshoppinga-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583589108538072&psc=1

Sony original:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NPA-MQZ1K-Multi-Battery-Adaptor/dp/B072BWD87P/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Sony+NPAMQZ1K&qid=1617799336&sr=8-2

I think it comes with 2 batteries. you could load it up with 4 3rd party batteries, and maybe you only need to tap once to accept the warning message?

-- hide signature --

DMalcolm
Growing kit list in profile....

DMalcolm's gear list:DMalcolm's gear list
Sony a5100 Sony a7 III Tamron 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Di III VC Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow