Looking for 20mm wide-angle lens for Landscape.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Harry799 New Member • Posts: 20
Re: Looking for 20mm wide-angle lens for Landscape.

Michael Benveniste wrote:

Harry799 wrote:

I am now looking to ultra wide lens and wide lenses....I got last year Nikon AF 18mm f4 D, and fisheye Nikon AF 16mm f2,8 D....confusing for the 20mm range lens.

Nikon never made an AF 18mm f/4D.

My mistake , yes you are right, what I mean is Nikon  AF18mm f2,8 D, thanks for the correction.

I like Nikon AFS 20mm f1,8 result but don't like the plasticky feeling and thought it will not last for several years.

Unless you abuse your lens in particular ways, I would expect the 20mm f/1.8 to last at least a couple of decades. My pre-D 20mm f/2.8 AF has endured for almost 30 years now despite its plasticky feel.

Interest in Sigma 20mm f1,4 A and Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21mm f2,8 or Milvus 21mm (though price wise it's too expensive for me) and also Tamron 17-35mm f2,8-f4, anyone own those lenses that can share own experience and review ?

Sorry, I've neither owned nor used any of them. My suggestion is you take a look at your shots with the 16-35mm f/4 and see what apertures and focal lengths you ended up using. While I do own an 18mm f/3.5 ZF.2 as well as the 20mm f/2.8 AF I mentioned above, I prefer to use wide-to-wide-normal zooms for the ability to "play" with perspective to my foreground subject. So of those choices, my inclination would be to give the Tamron a try.

Hhhmmm....if go to zoom type which one you prefer for use with Nikon D800e, the Nikon AF 17-35mm f2,8  or the Tamron 17-35mm f2,8-f4 , Michael ?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow