What caused this?

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bs1946
bs1946 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,548
What caused this?

Anybody have an idea of what could cause the circular blotch in the center of several photos I took with my Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 & Leica DG Summilux 1.7/15mm.

The first thing I did after seeing the blotch was examine the GX9 sensor and it is squeaky clean; not a mark anywhere. Also blew out the area with my rocket blower.

There is a B+W 46mm Clear MRC 007 filter that came with the lens and was only off once to clean and inspect the front glass and both sides of the filter. I removed the filter and inspected the front and rear lens glass, plus both sides of the filter and everything was again squeaky clean. Also inspected the lens for marks on the interior and saw nothing beyond a little dust. However, to be sure, I cleaned all of the glass before putting the filter and caps back on.

You can see the blotch in the B&W photo in the center where the tree branches meet. It is even more obvious in the three color photos I tossed. After shooting at the pond, I went a short distance dow the road and took a number of photos of historic house and I cannot see the blotch in any of them. I was facing to the North at the pond and approximately West at the house. It was late afternoon and had to photograph the house at an angle because from the front of the house, I was shooting directly into the sun.

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
www.flickr.com/photos/wrs1946
instagram.com@billschaffel
“Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
– Henri Cartier-Bresson -

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +9 more
ANSWER:
Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow