Wanting to buy a full frame sony but don't know which one. help!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
IdanL123 New Member • Posts: 14
Wanting to buy a full frame sony but don't know which one. help!

Hi All,

I have been lurking around this forum for a few weeks looking for answers for some of my concerns while researching which camera I should buy. Apparently, this isn't as simple as I thought it would be.

I will start by saying I am not a professional, just a hobbyist. I had a sony a6400 and sold it recently to buy a full frame camera. I already have the sigma 135 1.8 and sigma 35 1.2 and a godox V1.

The camera I should naturally buy from what I understand is the a7iii. That one has its shutter failures and I don't like the idea of buying a 3 year old camera.

The next consideration is the a7c. This camera might have a problem with the flash I have as it only has one mechanical shutter and slow high speed sync. Did I get that right? if I do buy that camera, when can I expect to run into issues with flash? or limitations with the efcs? I quite like this camera with its articulating screen and the silver top. Plus its not that old.

I was considering maybe the a7riv. This camera has been out for a while (so its also getting old) and from what I saw, can have issues with video. Aliasing and moire; how bad is this issue really? this one also costs 50% more than the a7c which is money I am planning on using for another lens or two. The a7riv is very attractive for me because of its 61mp and the large grip as I have big hands and a couple of big lenses.

Another advantage of buying the a7iii or a7c is that they will be easier for me to sell used and buy the a7iv when that comes out.

Any help will greatly appreciated. I will be buying a camera towards the end of this month.

IdanL123's gear list:IdanL123's gear list
Sony a7C
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow