**FZ330 REVIEW Part 2 by Stevie Boy Blue**

Started 4 months ago | User reviews thread
Mikedigi
Mikedigi Forum Pro • Posts: 11,150
Re: **FZ330 REVIEW Part 2 by Stevie Boy Blue**

Yes Steve, I agree with the whole of your FZ330 Review Part 2.

It would just be nice if the FZ330 had ND filters built in, but one cannot have everything and for around £350 these days, it is incomparable value for money.

I share your enthusiasm for the FZ330 TeleMacro fun, shooting small objects from 39"/1 metre distance at max 600mm optical zoom, but I would add that I sometimes use this Telemacro at any focal length from 300 to max 600mm focal length, whereas my lovely FZ8 could "only" do Telemacro at its max focal length 432mm.

And, essential for me, the FZ330 is a great SOOC JPEG shooter, much improved over previous FZs.

I use Aperture Priority mode, on f4 when possible, Vivid Photo Style, Contrast 0, Sharpness 0, NR -5, Saturation +1, AWB 2 clicks to Amber, no i-settings.

And my FZ330 only cost me £300 from Panasonic Outlet about 4 years ago, a refurb but as good as new with full warranty.

I only need 2 other cameras - my Olympus Stylus 1s, which is also brilliant and does a lot of what the FZ330 will do, but is about half the size and weight; and my old TZ10/ZS7, which is my only belt camera and is good enough for the job.

Having enjoyed an FZ8 from 2007 to 2012, I bought a new old silver one on Ebay for £25 recently, and I mostly just feel the smoothness and admire its iconic Toys R'Us body design which reminds me of a 195Os Vespa scooter, and occasionally I shoot it.

The Stylus 1s is an ugly boxy beast with an inadequate grip but has other redeeming qualities.

Thanks,

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Olympus Stylus 1s Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow