Bowens xmt500 weight

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
londonshooter Regular Member • Posts: 146
Bowens xmt500 weight

I recently bought a Bowens xmt500 flash unit to use outside for modelling sessions etc. Ive got 3 500rs for inside and invested heavily in bowens fit modifiers over the years. I was hoping to use the XMT500 with someone basically holding it on pole or similar with a octobox on it. Basically the bracket where the head pivots on the mount is a issue because it basically is just a lever that releases the pinch grip effect if you like. The 500s have a arm with a toothed fixing on side of unit. The weight of the xmt500 is also a issue i certainly wouldnt want to put it on a cantilever boom arm. Plus the screw that tightens it onto a normal stud mount on a light stand is very small and would be id imagine quite easy to strip the thread on the mount bracket if over tightened. Its almost as if the stud on boom arm is imperial measurement and the aperture on the unit is metric its basically like a Pr@@K in a shirt sleeve. Anyone any experience on using these units outside on poles arms etc be glad to hear your experiences. I basically want to get outside with my Nikon 200F2  and do some modelling stuff done plenty in studio just wanna broaden my horizons . Anyone recommend a lighter more veristile unit for outside battery powered easy to use on poles etc. I have got speedlights but just wanted more power.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow