Topaz Sharpen AI 3.0.3

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Larry Cunningham
Larry Cunningham Senior Member • Posts: 1,092
Re: Topaz Sharpen AI 3.0.3

S Castle wrote:

Toermalijn wrote:

S Castle wrote:

Sigh. Topaz released 3.0.3 of Sharpen AI today. Sad to say this one seems to be DOA. It won't start on my Win 10 system, or rather, looking in ProcExp shows it start then immediately stop again. No messages. Nothing in the event logs.

Messages on their forum indicate that I am not the only one experiencing this.

It has hapened before, just wait for the update and meanwhile revert back to the previous version.

We are the regression testers.

Edit: looks like it has been pulled. 3.0.2 is what is available on their site now.

Yeah, I found this out the hard way. I let it upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3, after which it wouldn't launch by itself, and it wouldn't launch as a plug-in from Lightroom. I had archived a copy of the 3.0.0 installer and used that to roll back the program, after which it launched again (as 3.0.0).

After using 3.0.0 for maybe an hour, when I launched it from Lightroom, I got an offer to upgrade to 3.0.2. I let it upgrade, and I'm now back to 3.0.2. It would appear that Topaz has withdrawn 3.0.3 for now.

Is there a way to roll back to a previous version of a Topaz app via the Topaz Web site? It was only through dumb luck that I'd saved a copy of the 3.0.0 installer.

Larry

Larry Cunningham's gear list:Larry Cunningham's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow