Love the DP2s. After a DP2s, what camera?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP phtograf Regular Member • Posts: 115
Re: Love the DP2s. After a DP2s, what camera?

applemax wrote:

Hello!

I would suggest anything with "Merrill" in the designation. If you were happy with the focal length of your DP2s then it would be the DP2 Merrill. Unfortunately they have been out of production for some time, so it will either have to be a pre-owned one or a DP2 Quattro. Or the SD Quattro with a lens of your choice. The "Merrill" ones are a lot closer to the image quality of the original Foveon sensor than the "Quattros" - as far as my taste is concerned. But look at the sample galleries and make your own choice.

Regards

Max

I will consider it when the day comes. Used is fine. I will probably get the 2 and 3 versions. I wish the DP3 was 85mm or 90mm and not 75mm (but that is a complaint I should probably keep to myself). I hope there is a full frame version by 2022 and that it is light like the fp and has a sensor closer to this one.  The Sigma Foveon cameras with interchangeable lenses except the fps are as heavy as the FF Sony and I am not into lugging that around anymore. It does get heavy after some time. And it does unfortunately become lugging. I wish I were Popeye and could carry it all day long.

Again, this camera is such a pleasure to use and the image quality is way above what it says on paper.

phtograf's gear list:phtograf's gear list
Sigma DP2s Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus PEN-F
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow