Auto Focus Noise in EOS R Video

Started Apr 1, 2021 | Questions thread
PicPocket Veteran Member • Posts: 5,075
Re: Auto Focus Noise in EOS R Video

Edit - I see you got a satisfactory resolution from the other branch of the thread. Still leaving below comment in case it helps others

SaraPia wrote:

I have the Rode videomic, cost around $150 10 or 15 years ago from Calumet. I think I need the videomic pro R. $229 from sweetwater.

What you really need is take your mic off the camera body, or at least isolate it from camera sounds (shotgun type with a good mount)

All depends on what you are shooting with it. If run and gun, getting off body is hard. If people/interviews, something like videomic go would work very well (I use this). You can even plug in your existing videomic into the go if such a setup makes sense to you. I just put the tranitter on the subject most times

If you really want pro results, audio is a world in itself with lot of learning. It scares me a bit

-- hide signature --
 PicPocket's gear list:PicPocket's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Sigma 135mm F1.8 Art Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow