Why people love Fuji so much

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Nevermess Regular Member • Posts: 355
Re: Why people love Fuji so much

Labe wrote:

AchilleasEmm wrote:

I know people are going to hate me for saying it...but here it goes. I thought of fuji before buying my camera. The look of those cameras is (chef's kiss) magnifique! But when i considered their pro lenses and the equivalency i understood it. If you buy a R6 and a 24-105 f4 and 70-200 f4 you get the same depth of field that you get with xt4 and their f2.8 pro zooms just because of the crop sensor. Especially when you consider the price of those lenses its practically the same!! The only difference in price is that of the R6 with 800 more but you get FF and equivalent depth of field as the XT4. What is more weight is about the same! I know that we fall for the marketing that the crop factor applies only to the focal length but that isn't true. Sure the lens has an aperture of 2.8 but the sensor reads f4. And that is not just me saying it. Tony Northrup has a video about it as well as Slanted Lens (the latter is a more recent video). If Fuji produce f2 apsc zoom lenses then and only then will they be actually close to f2.8 (actually f3.1). In the end is what works for you but i just wanted to put that thought out thereShow less

It’s all down to needs and results. Not everything is about wafer thin dof.
A lot is about balance, taste and ergonomics even .
I just switched from Sony A7 to the xs10 , if shooting at f2.8 means I get the same dof as f4 on my Sony but I can use a lower iso then it equals out my image quality and my kit is a little smaller .

It’s great we can have choices. I much prefer my xs10 with 35mm f1.4 to the 50mm f1.8 I was using on my Sony and I’m looking forward to swapping my fe80 for the Fuji 56mm f1.2 .

I am looking at this combo as well X-S10 +35 F1.4 + 50 F2 WR and 14 F2.8. As I got some severe health issues and I cannot lug around big and heavy DSLRs anymore (at least not for a long time). At first glance the size and weight are excellent. I do realize now that the best camera is this one you have with you, when you face a moment you want to memorize.

Nevermess's gear list:Nevermess's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow