Fujinon lenses with organic rendering like 35mm 1.4

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
DomiDarko
DomiDarko Regular Member • Posts: 161
Re: My f1.4 copy was bad -> sample images request

Rightsaidfred wrote:

DomiDarko wrote:

I bought the 35mm f1.4 ... I think I had a bad copy. It was soft and hazy until f4, I'm talking really bad.

Is it possible to share images?

At least for me, such a statement about a lens is more comprehensible if comparative images are provided. Ideally, side by side, taken under the same conditions.

BR,

Martin

I could share a couple but is there a need to view images of a bad copy? I'm certain my one had been knocked around in transit. I was even getting large, thick lines of flaring on some images whereas the f2 had none.

To be clear, I wasn't making a statement that the the f1.4 is a bad lens, its not. As everyone knows, it's a great lens. I know many people who own it and had even made some images with a friends before I bought my one.

It can, in the right conditions produce images with a look and feel that the f2 cannot, especially with natural soft light from the side or backlit due to the way it handles contrast and colours and that depth effect.

I would have ordered another one if I hadn't ordered the f2 and liked it. It just felt right to me personally.

Part of the reason I kept the f2 was that I wanted both classic focal lengths of 35 & 50mm with the same type of lens to keep my images consistent and I already wanted the 23mm f2. If I need more separation I will get the 90mm f2.

-- hide signature --

There are no rules that constrain art. Shoot what you want, how you want and with whatever gear you want.

DomiDarko's gear list:DomiDarko's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow