Auto Focus Noise in EOS R Video

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
OP SaraPia Junior Member • Posts: 36
Re: Auto Focus Noise in EOS R Video

Steven Blackwood wrote:

Yes, I am talking about the camera mic. Set it low and the external mic higher. The idea is to limit the internal camera noises in favor of the outside world. In order to set the camera sound to low, you have to so it manually.

Another alternative is to use a truly external sound source not connected to the camera. To this, you will sync your camera audio to your external sound source and then mute the camera audio track in software. It sounds daunting and it can be. That is why I would recommend experimenting with an external mic plugged into your camera. You should be able to come up with something you will be happy with.

I have a couple of different external mics but the one I want to use is the Rode, but it does not have its own sound settings. But what you're saying makes perfect sense. When I'm recording music videos, for example myself playing and singing, or playing music with my friends I also run my h4n and sync the sound in post. I have rarely used this camera to record quieter settings, in this case I was trying to record my 10-month-old grandson in my music room playing a bunch of percussion instruments. After I edited that video I decided to try the external mic.

SaraPia's gear list:SaraPia's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Panasonic LX100 II Olympus TG-6 Canon EOS R GoPro Hero5 Black
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow