Auto Focus Noise in EOS R Video

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
OP SaraPia Junior Member • Posts: 36
Re: Auto Focus Noise in EOS R Video

Steven Blackwood wrote:

When using an external mic, are you setting the sound manually to a very low setting just above zero? If not, do so and adjust your gain on the external mic.

I tested this on the R6 and the 35 f1.8 STM which is the loudest of all my lenses. No external mic with internal amps set to 12, the whole video was loud in general and the shifts in AF were horrible. It wasn't picking up noise so much as vibration.

I next set the amps to 2, and set my Rode Stereo VideoMic to its loudest setting. The resulting recording was much cleaner and the noise of the AF shifts were MUCH less noticeable although I can't say they were completely eliminated. But then I was listening for them.

But at that low setting will I still pick up the sounds, voices etc. I want in the recording? And you're talking about the manual settings on the camera, correct?

SaraPia's gear list:SaraPia's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Panasonic LX100 II Olympus TG-6 Canon EOS R GoPro Hero5 Black
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow