Switching from Nikon Z6 to X-T4 Locked

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
MrALLCAPS
MrALLCAPS Senior Member • Posts: 2,086
Exactly This.

5X_AAA wrote:

MrALLCAPS wrote:

If you need dual card slots, have Nikon lenses, just get a Z6 MkII and call it a day.

As much as I like my Z6, owning the 50mm, 35mm, 24mm and thinking of making it my primary kit, I was planning on selling my whole fuji kit and picking up a X100V for my everyday carry camera.

But what ended up happening is, I sold all my Nikon lenses, except the 50mm -which is amazing and picking up a X-T4.

Now the plan is to get the 16-55 and newer primes for my fuji kit.

My point is, I simply prefer my Fujifilm cameras, even though the Z6 delivers better images, I honestly enjoy the control of fuji cameras with the manual dials and aperture rings compared to the Z6. I like the lenses, the size of them, how they pair with my Fujifilm bodies. The Z6 with the 50mm f/1.8 is large and heavy to me. As much as I like it and the images, I usually grab my X-Pro2 or the X-T4 first. And now that I own the 27mm f/2.8 MkII, I will be running with that for now.

So if you have reasons to stay with the Z6, dual card slots, IQ, controls, just get a Z6 MkII. I was thinking about it too, but I don't need dual card slots and a slightly better focusing is not enough to warrant a purchase.

I enjoy my Fujifilm kit, that's where my cash will go to.

I have been lucky enough to shoot with various systems over the years.

At one point I had to unfortunately sell my equipment for unforeseen reasons. When I found myself in the position to be able to afford a camera again I could ( within reason) bought into any system.

I spent a couple of weeks thinking it all through and also I spent some time looking through my old images. What jumped out at me was that in terms of look and feel that the images I was drawn to were primarily taken with Fuji, and to a lesser extent Canon.

I knew I wanted to go mirrorless and Canon at that point was ( and still are ) out of my price range in terms of their mid range mirrorless bodies and lenses. I also had no desire to use adapted lenses.

So naturally I was drawn back to Fuji. I haven’t for a second regretted my decision and I would put the X-T3/ X-T4 head to head against any other camera or system in terms of quality, form, and function.

Is the AF faster on a Z6? Probably, but by how much? Is a high ISO image cleaner? Yup, but by how much?

For me personally speaking, Fuji hits the sweet spot of size and IQ, and as mentioned previously, gives me images that are simply outstanding in terms of colour and tone.

The bottom line is that ANY modern camera will give great images, you just have to find the one that’s right for you.

Couldn't agree more.

MrALLCAPS's gear list:MrALLCAPS's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon Z6
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow