Any Fuji user who switched or added a Z?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Nevermess Regular Member • Posts: 355
Re: Any Fuji user who switched or added a Z?

m_black wrote:

Nevermess wrote:

Generally Nikon Z system will give you better image quality, has excellent lenses, but at the cost of portability. If the size and bulkiness of Nikon Z system is not a problem and you already have some Nikon lenses go for it.

However if you don't have Nikon Lenses you should know that Canon R5 and R6 have better autofocus and if you look at DPREVIEW they do win most of the categories. I do love Nikon, but their Z system is really bulk and heavy, so I am looking to add Fuji X-S10 with 14 2.8 35 1.4 and 50 F2 lenses. There is nothing in Nikon's world that can beat this combination in terms of weight and compactness.

Having used a D3s & D4s, gripped D700 and (last DSLR) a D850, I would hardly say the Z system is bulky, large or not portable. Quite the opposite. Are we using the same Z system?

And anything from Canon would be a similar size/weight. Very soon, Nikon will launch a 28 and 40mm pancake prime which will reduce the system "bulk further.

Compared to D3s and D4 Z system looks reasonably, but have you seen that I am comparing it with Fuji? To illustrate the difference  in the proposed setups:

https://camerasize.com/compact/#864.408,795.784,ha,t

And before I get any suggestions  to go to GYM, heavy lifting got me to the point to look for the smallest and lightest possible system.

Nevermess's gear list:Nevermess's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow