Replacing entire kit with X100V

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Wildabobalore Regular Member • Posts: 405
I did it and love the simplicity

Jhuffphoto wrote:

Thinking of selling everything (camera gear) and going to nothing but X100V. Most of my stuff has been gathering dust on the shelf anyway. The majority of my shots are at or around 23mm. I love my F1.4 lenses but they are pretty big and heavy. Haven’t used my 55-200 nearly as much as I thought I would when I got it. I have done some paid gigs (none since COVID-19) but it’s not a significant source of income. Anybody else on here actually streamlined their gear list to the bare bones minimum like this? How did it work out? I kinda feel like I would be more likely to take a small camera everywhere with me. Cell phones have some pretty incredible cameras but I think I would have a hard time with only that option.

I ended up doing exactly that. Sold all of my full frame photography and m43 video gear for just an X100V to simplify everything.

I've always owned some form of "small travel/everyday" camera though, so making that my primary camera was a pretty easy choice for me.

I actually did a video on why I made that change and why the X100V works so well as a single camera choice. Long story short though the combination of its ease of use and SOOC image quality keeps me engaged and constantly wanting to go out and shoot; more so than any of the other cameras I've owned (which is a lot).

https://youtu.be/ADS5xjboN0E

Wildabobalore's gear list:Wildabobalore's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X100V Sony a6000 Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Canon EF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 USM +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jrk
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jrk
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow